Coastal Style Basics:
If you happen to like a Coastal style, you prefer a casual and relaxed look characterized by natural fibers, weathered, painted, light finishes and colors that range from tropical and vibrant to breezy blues, greens and whites.
Sea-themed prints, such as sea shells, lighthouses and tropical flowers are used on fabrics and window treatments. Accessories such as baskets, seashell encrusted mirrors and tables can also be used.
- Relaxed and sophisticated
- Touches of Asian and Old World European styles and dark wood finishes
- Natural fibers, such as sisal rugs and fabrics with a comfortable feel
- Light colored fabric
- Light finishes
- Generous use of wicker and rattan
- Vibrant colors and tropical prints
- A sleeker and more modern/retro flair
Atlantic Seaboard :
- Finishes are light, weathered or painted
- Use of nautical themes, stripes and canvas
- Colors such as white, black, red, navy blue and yellow
- Traditional, American Colonial forms