1. Home

Abe Abbas

Furniture Banks

By August 18, 2008

You just went and bought a new couch for your living room. Youíre excited about it, but you need to get rid of the old one before your new purchase is delivered. Or, youíre ready to move and donít want to take that dining set with you. So what do you do with furniture you no longer need?

Call your local furniture bank. They will pick up your furniture for free and then deliver it to someone who needs it. You even get a tax deductible receipt for donating it. Every one comes out a winner, including the environment as youíre recycling your furniture instead of throwing it in the landfill. A family in dire need will end up getting something that might improve the quality of their lives.

The National Furniture Bank Association, or NFBA, is a non-profit organization and its mission is to help open such furniture banks all over the country. They help people who have become homeless through natural disasters, as well as battered women and children, and working families living below the poverty line. NFBA also encourages and facilitates retailers in opening such banks at their retail locations. You can visit the NFBA website to see if there are any such retailers in your area.

Update 12-16-08: A new internet resource for locating furniture banks all over the U.S. and Canada launched today. It is www.furniturebanks.org

Comments

April 22, 2009 at 11:33 pm
(1) Jim Stein says:

There is a new website for the National Furniture Bank Association – http://www.nationalfurniturebank.org. Please update your page on furniture.about.com to reflect this new address.

Jim Stein, President
MAP Furniture Bank
118 South Yale Ave.
Columbus, OH 43222-1369
614-272-9544 x211

June 18, 2009 at 6:27 am
(2) Jim Stein says:

Your link to “Help1Up” is no longer accurate. The organization has been renamed “National Furniture Bank Association”, with website http://www.nationalfurniturebank.org. The logo is similar, but includes the acronym “NFBA” instead of “Help1Up”. Please update asap.

Thanks,

Jim Stein, President, MAP Furniture Bank, Columbus, OH
Web admin, “Furniture Banks Across America”, http://www.furniturebanks.org

August 13, 2012 at 2:58 am
(3) North Dakota cash for junk cars says:

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog
that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates. I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

February 3, 2014 at 5:25 am
(4) Jackson Heights Real Estate says:

I am really enjoying the theme/design of your weblog. Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems?
A couple of my blog readers have complained about my site not
working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox.

Do you have any suggestions to help fix this problem?

February 24, 2014 at 8:28 am
(5) http://optimoxreviews.blog.com/ says:

Hi there to every one, the contents existing at this web
pagge are truly awesome for people knowledge, well, keep up the goid work fellows.

April 14, 2014 at 12:04 am
(6) skin care products to sell says:

І ɑppгecіɑtе,
leаɗ ttο I dіѕсοvеrеԀ ʝսѕt ԝɦat ӏ
ѡɑs lοlοқіnɡ fοг.
Ύoս hаνe еոded mу foҝսг ԁay lеոǥthу hսոt!
GߋԀ Blеѕs yօuu
mаn. Ӊaѵе а nіϲе ԁaү.
Вƴe

Fеell fгee to νіsit
mү ԝеƅsite …

<a href=”http://www.alfetra.us/tube/users/SBaine”>skin care products to sell</a>